FACTS ABOUT COVID-19
What is COVID-19?
COVID-19 is a disease caused by a new strain of coronavirus. ‘CO’ stands for corona, ‘VI’ for virus, and ‘D’ for disease. Formerly, this disease was referred to as ‘2019 novel coronavirus’ or ‘2019-nCoV.’ The COVID-19 virus is a new virus linked to the same family of viruses as Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS) and some types of common cold.
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
Symptoms can include fever, cough and shortness of breath. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia or breathing difficulties. More rarely, the disease can be fatal. These symptoms are similar to the flu (influenza) or the common cold, which are a lot more common than COVID-19. This is why testing is required to confirm if someone has COVID-19.
How does COVID-19 spread?
The virus is transmitted through direct contact with respiratory droplets of an infected person (generated through coughing and sneezing). Individuals can also be infected from and touching surfaces contaminated with the virus and touching their face (e.g., eyes, nose, mouth). The COVID-19 virus may survive on surfaces for several hours, but simple disinfectants can kill it.
Who is most at risk?
We are learning more about how COVID-19 affects people every day. Older people, and people with chronic medical conditions, such as diabetes and heart disease, appear to be more at risk of developing severe symptoms. As this is a new virus, we are still learning about how it affects children. We know it is possible for people of any age to be infected with the virus, but so far there are relatively few cases of COVID-19 reported among children. This is a new virus and we need to learn more about how it affects children. The virus can be fatal in rare cases, so far mainly among older people with pre-existing medical conditions.
What is the treatment for COVID-19?
There is no currently available vaccine for COVID-19. However, many of the symptoms can be treated and getting early care from a healthcare provider can make the disease less dangerous. There are several clinical trials that are being conducted to evaluate potential therapeutics for COVID-19.
How can the spread of COVID-19 be slowed down or prevented?
As with other respiratory infections like the flu or the common cold, public health measures are critical to slow the spread of illnesses. Public health measures are everyday preventive actions that include: ✓ staying home when sick; ✓ covering mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue when coughing or sneezing. Dispose of used tissue immediately; ✓ washing hands often with soap and water; and ✓ cleaning frequently touched surfaces and objects. As we learn more about COVID-19 public health officials may recommend additional actions.
A Message From CEO
" Dear Creators First of all, we would like to express our gratitude to all of you for your patience and support through these trying times. We hope each one of you and your family members are in good health and maintaining social distancing and other important measures issued by our government.
As per new Guidelines by GoI issued on April 19, 2020,we will be able to start dispatching orders from May 3, 2020 only. However, the priority will be given to all the pending orders so we would request all our creators who have placed their orders recently within 7 days to be a little more patient and bear with us. We assure you that we will coordinate to arrange the delivery soon.
Despite losing almost 70% of our sales due to COVID19 Pandemic, we have not only decided not to layoff anyone associated with us but also not to cut any of our employee's salary. We have even asked all our vendors to do the same. We made masks and distributed them as free of cost among our creators and locally as well and will keep doing the same. All this has been possible just because of your support and faith in us!
Also, we are happy to share with you that we have decided to donate 10% of the order (pre-paid only) value to PM CARES FUND.
Why are we telling you this story? Because we would like to request all our creators to help whomsoever and howsoever you can.
Keep up the good work, be safe and stay home. Don’t forget to do some Yoga or exercise to keep the spirits up while staying home <3
Mahendra Singh Raghuwanshi
Founder and CEO "
SAFETY MEASURES & ACTIONS
Safety Measures For Employees and Vendors
- We are continuously monitoring the situation and are in sync with Government guidelines
- We have issued the same guidelines and measures to be undertaken by all our employees and their families, keeping their safety in mind
- We are using technology to run our business and other important work. We have followed all the necessary guidelines issued by government during lockdown period.
- Now, when we have fresh guidelines from Government to start operating from May 3, 2020, we are encouraging employees/staff who are unwell to not report to work and also providing our teams with all required material, including sanitizers.
- We are maintaining the hygiene by sanatizing our warehouse and workplace.
- Despite losing almost 70% of our sales due to COVID19 Pandemic, we have not only decided not to layoff anyone associated with us but also not to cut any of our employee's salary. We have even asked all our supply chain and other vendors to do the same.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR CUSTOMERS
- We will resume our operations and delivery services from May 3, 2020 as per new guidelines from GOI updated on April 19,2020.
- The priority will be given to all the pending orders so we would request all our creators who have placed their orders with in 7 days, to be a little more patient and bear with us. We assure you that we will coordinate to arrange the delivery soon.
- Please be informed that no refund/cancellation request will be accepted after May 3, 2020 till lockdown is suspended as your order might have been dispatched already or in a process to dispatch.
“Helping those in need is not charity, it's humanity.”
- We are happy to share with you that we are donating 10% of the order (pre-paid only) value to PM CARES FUND.
- We are in this together so let us fight together and win over COVID19.
- कोविद20 is an initiative by Melangebox to bring people together to support BG Foundation - an NGO working actively to provide care packages to daily wagers and migrant workers families in Gurgaon. They are working along with CDT, Red Cross and the police to ensure that the distress calls of the needy are addressed timely and they are able to survive the lockdown without starvation.
- With your support, we aim to do our part in helping at least 2000 families to survive these trying times.
- कोविद20 Dry Ration Care Package can sustain a family of 4-5 people for a week in just INR550/-. No Virus can win over humanity.
- The campaign has been ended on May 15, 2020.
Direct Transfer to PM Cares Fund
- You can do your bit by direct transfer into PM Cares Fund.